- http://cleantechnica.com/2012/02/08/solar-power-to-pay-nevada-citys-debt-government-costs-for-decades/ Las Vegas Review Journal article on Boulder City, NV and the benefits of a green economy.
- http://runonsun.com/~runons5/blogs/blog1.php/aN5 This article was written (02/08/12) in remembrance of Heather Andrews who passed away recently from brain surgery complications, she was a great mentor, true friend and an amazing champion of the solar energy cause. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and those that survive you.
Sincerely and Respectfully, Mark Williams
- http://english.caixin.com/2012-02-07/100354090.htm Great article but my biggest concerns being: Chinese govt. subsidies to keep prices below the competition, labor issues and abuses, and what type of International Listing agency oversees the production of these solar modules, if there isn’t one I wouldn’t and couldn’t use them no matter how cheap they are.
- www.lovetheoutdoors.livejournal.com/1173.html Great article and site for those like myself that appreciate the outdoors; the feeling of the spirit that you get buy being there. Thank you Jennifer.
- Check out this program that is being show on the History Channel and H2 “EARTH 2100″ This program gives us a stark look at what our future will look like if we continue to allow the Non-Renewable energy sector alone to influence our policy makers. Keep your eyes open for it, there is light at the end of the tunnel if we make the right decisions now and continue to do so during this century. Do not allow what you hear in your heart to be muffled by the shouts of those who have only selfish interests in mind.
- Here’s an article on the XL Pipeline that pro or con everyone should read. http://grist.org/climate-energy/keystone-xl-the-story-of-a-big-ass-pipeline-proposal-so-far/ I picked up this link from the Grist, Twitter feed it’s entitled “Keytstone XL: The story of the big-ass pipeline proposal- so far” Gee, I wonder how much the US and the Canadian govt. will subsidize this project.
- Another great Grist article (title is in the link) that I found posted on their twitter feed is: http://grist.org/food/never-mind-the-meat-worry-about-eating-plants/ If your concerned as I am about the environmental damage caused by eating more meat than is necessary, let alone the health effects, you will get something out of this article. Enjoy it in good health, keeping in mind it takes approximately 10 times more fossil fuels to produce a pound of meat as it does a pound of edible plant based matter.
The Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA) posted this article on their Twitter feed. It is linkable from their weekly e-zine ” the NESEA Weekly” it is short and to the point “Clean Tech Initiatives”: http://paper.li/NESEA_org/1311172213 Definitely worth the quick read.
- For those of us in the State of Nevada and USA in general this article from the “Las Vegas Sun” newspaper should be of pressing importance during this election year: “Candidates Need To Know About Nevada’s Energy Issues.” Please help me and Nevadans push our elected officials to work to promote CLEAN ENERGY in Nevada not imported dirty energy. Please paste this link into your browser’s search bar to find the article.